PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2014, 14:10
anothertyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've read it. As far as I can see it says MAN should have spent more time thumping the tub for its home airport than for STN. CAPA don't begin to make a reasoned case out of that for some sort of max investment at BHX and MAN option.

I'm strongly in favour of building up Manchester over time as the North's hub to the world. At the moment the politicians in Yorkshire are trying to convince themselves that a better more centrally located airport to replace LBA is what Yorkshire needs. What a disaster that would be in terms of diluting the hub!

MAN has a good strong catchment area, plenty of runway capacity, a station and a motorway connection. The intercontinental links have progressively developed with the new routes dominating the occasional setbacks like Boston and Washington. Obviously it lacks a hub operator which is a shame but hey, this is a tough commercial market and BA has shareholders to think about. As the market develops, network and traffic growth will follow. What more do you want which will make a material difference to traffic and capacity requirements in the London airport system?