PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines..the exodus begins!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2014, 11:00
bob777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the swine thinks but I know 33% of my salary has gone along with a substantial amount of savings, naively kept in TL.
If you compare with some small charter German operator salary might look appealing but compared to same league carriers that is not the case.
Basic salary for an FO is now 3900 euro or 11900 TL for narrow body CPT 5600 Euro and for a wide body captains around 7000. That is at least 30%less of what other carriers in the ME offer net of free housing and other substantial benefits tha THY does not offer. EU carrier gross salaries are not even comparable standing at almost + 100% and + 30 to 40 % on net
I admit that is not THY fault but I fail to see how will they retain pilots if not inexperienced young FO getting wet to get on a 777 if they don't do something about it. Many are looking around that is a fact I know for sure. There is definitely a shortage of qualified experienced pilots and the salary will have to raise.

Airlines have plenty of passengers these days -- they just need pilots- Nikkei Asian Review

Last edited by bob777; 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:48.