PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2014, 08:46
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning.

Yes Cap'n, I hope your view prevails - of course, much of the growth has been international, so no reason why that won't continue. I guess what Aberdeen is now which it wasn't in the 70s, 80s & maybe even into the 90s is a global hub to the export of technology & know-how. Less North Sea focused if you like. Many Aberdeen service companies have the bulk of their business in exports.

There is a tremendous amount of office & industrial development going on, or about to start - so someone must know something somewhere.

ABA, the Bond/Sumburgh contract I think went to Eastern. But I too read all 3 Saab 2000s for Loganair were to be based here, & again no reason why Loganair won't pick up some oil contracts now & going forward, especially when the likes of Brent decommissioning kicks in in a couple of years - more manpower required there (I read the decommissioning of Brent could keep people busy for 6yrs.). Logan have been to Shetland, Esbjerg, Rotterdam on such oil contracts in the last 6mths.

I think the SB2000 is an impressive aircraft, pity Saab don't have a production line on them anymore.