PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 18:40
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
either Skipness1E echo will have benn proved to have far more business accumen than all the people in Oslo or he will look a prat!
Again you mean? They're smart peeps in Oslo, they'll make their money, my only gripe is that it's at the expense of people further down the food chain.
Let me be as clear as I may, my concern, such as it is, is not that Norwegian will fail, I rather suspect they won't. I rather think that now, they might succeed at Gatwick if they ruthlessly maintain their cost controls. I view this operation as something of a Trojan horse. The consumer wins as we have more choice at a lower price, on a new aircraft with a very good product and a young and efficient fleet.
The only thing I will say is, it sounds too good to be true, so what's the catch? It's the flag of convenience, using a well known soft touch regulatory body, having staff based outside the EU and rotating them through the EU, closing off the long haul operation from the rest of the company, whose growth is partially predicated on the assumption that the SAS group would fail. Take a step back, in recent years, Ryanair and some others have driven industry ts & cs into the mud. Each time we all get hacked off at rubbish service it's partly to do with the fact that talented and able people won't work in such a high pressure envirnonment for the wages offered. So the front line earns less and less so we can all fly for less and less and the only people who get very rich are the smart people who managed to get the rest to work for less and less in the first place! It doesn't have to be that cut throat as easyJet and some others have shown.

I'm no left wing type but for the love of sanity, this race to the bottom has to stop. btw anyone who knows me knows I am a prat anyway so it's quite likely NAS will succeed at least in the short term.