PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX vs KA
Thread: CX vs KA
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 13:23
plane-crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX vs KA

I'm not sure if this better belongs in Terms of Endearment, but since they're both HK-based airlines, I thought I'd put it here.

I keep hearing that KA contracts are better than CX contracts, but I can't find much on the "fluff" - the stuff that makes the difference other than the money.

The problem I have is that I am in the interview for both airlines' Cadet programmes, and while I think I would prefer long-haul, I don't want to diddle myself out of a better deal (yes, I have read a lot of posts on here, and I am aware that many think whatever deal is offered isn't worth taking. Allow me the freedom to consider otherwise). Problem is, I might wind up getting a KA offer first.

What are the differences, besides pay, in each of the airlines' offers? Of course, the simple answer is to look at both contracts against each other, but I might not have that luxury.

I'd really value opinions from those with experience on the matter. What is it that makes you guys think a KA contract is better than CX? Would anyone disagree, and why?