PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 13:11
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverting to the possible plans for the whole scale redevelopment of T1.
If I understand what is said is being proposed, T1 would effectively rebuilt in the space between the present location and the railway station.

It had been mooted previously that T1 and T3 would be re-joined at some stage; but subject to road lay-outs, car parks etc. wouldn't the new site for T1 put it further away from T3? Under these latest rumoured plans, what would be the future of the present T3?

Comment was made about discussions with the airlines and the importance of not losing business during the re-development which may be hard to win back.
If a redevelopment on this scale were to go ahead costing in excess of £1billion, I wonder what increased charges the airport would want/need to impose on the airlines and agents to help get a return on the investment, as well obviously as hoping for significant expansion of traffic. As far as I know, MAN is no longer restricted on pricing in the same way LHR is.

Finally, in terms of such a project if it happens, what sort of time scale are we talking about - 5 - 10 years?