PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARS and CX cadet pilot programme and forum attitudes
Old 16th Apr 2003, 07:57
rumour reader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I’m with you on all that. I find it annoying when you look at a thread because you are interested in the subject only to find that the replies have nothing to do with it. People just go off on a tangent. If that doesn’t happen then you get shot down because you haven’t spelt something correctly. In that case the thread becomes an argument on the need for good spelling on the flight deck? There are some people who post and moderate this that waste their time being picky over something that was written at 3am.
I’m absolutely gutted about SARS. I have no confirmation but I think it can be safe to say that the cadet courses are off for the foreseeable future. I think I’m in the same boat as you and many others? Waiting to hear. I think I will be happy with a letter back telling me that I’m on file and they will contact when the situation gets better. Hopefully the media will lose interest soon and the public fear die down then things can start to perk up for Cathay.
I saw in one of your posts that you have a ‘back up plan’ maybe now is a good time to put in to action. Not yet ruling out the cadet scheme but with 200 hours already under your belt you must be well on your way to getting a CPL.
Good luck. I think we are going to need it!