PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 15:10
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
other's have blamed your geographical birth place,
Are you seriously using my ethnic background in an argument? There's a word for that sort of silliness.
LGW is an international airport, it simply does not matter where the airlines come from, its all about route choice and pricing and a level of service that people find acceptable,
Raise your game, that's not sensible. Gatwick has a particular demographic of which you can push the boundaries, however if you step outside that, you will fail. I point you in the direction of every single previous operator of LGW-NYC, a route both Adam Thomson and SRB both admitted was only sustainable from LHR. The key point here is that to be competitive on some routes out of LGW on long haul you, er your employer is going to need Ryanair levels of a cost base as LGW is price led in a lot of markets. By all means have great fares, but you're going to struggle to make any money.
Peanuts ??? lost me there I'm afraid
It's an English expression, it means if you pay peanuts, well let's just say you won't be employing the highest calibre of people will you? *THIS* is they key difference Norwegian is bringing. Thomson and BA both fly the B787, however the crewing is a little more traditional. Norwegian may do well as will the consumer but my key point here is that at some point, this bending rules and getting around regulations by off-shoring is rightly going to bite them.

May I request you remove the remark on my background, we play the ball and not the man, where I was born has nothing to do with this and you really ought to know better than to mention it at all.

It just seems that you have one message on here which is how great Norwegain Air Shuttle is and to be honest, having watched what they're up to, they're doing exactly what Ryanair do, forcing down wages by off shoring in a rather extreme way. btw you didn't answer me, are they crewing Gatwick long haul from Bangkok? I understand they're Thai and American being regulated by Ireland and flying out of London.
You need to think of Norwegian as a low cost schedule airline rather than a LoCo
LoCo is a low cost scheduled airline, unless easyJet are terribly confused about their own business model.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 27th Feb 2014 at 15:23.