PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 14:02
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have edited the alleged advertising so just calm down !!

Many poster have alluded to your aggressive/arrogant respond to the views of others, you have previously put this down to a trait picked up from your school teachers, other's have blamed your geographical birth place, not my place to comment....

LGW is an international airport, it simply does not matter where the airlines come from, its all about route choice and pricing and a level of service that people find acceptable, be that BA, Emirates, Virgin or indeed Norwegian, in a few months, subject to the not insignificant issue of DOT route licences, then DY will commence transatlantic services from LGW using multinational crew including American, Thai, European nationals, Norwegian will succeed or fail on the strength of it product and pricing, it does have a premium class, they will carry belly cargo, they will carry transfer passengers, in fact they have been doing all of this for over 6 months now from their Scandinavian bases, LGW is no different, there is a huge market, an already satisfied customer base and growing brand awareness.

Looking back on what has and hasn't worked in the past is as you rightly say very important and you clearly have vast knowledge in this area, far, far more than I and i repeat that, but I think your own view blinds you at time's, its like blinkers in that you see Legacy =BA or low-cost = easyJet, my observation is that the market place has become much more fragmented over the past 24 months, but it was you who said back in May 2013 words to the effect of "let's revisit this in 12 months time" and that time is soon upon us, BA haven't launched a spoiler thus far and there is no indication that they will, these route will grow the market and if successful they will not be last.

Peanuts ??? lost me there I'm afraid

Last edited by LNIDA; 27th Feb 2014 at 16:36.