PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARS and CX cadet pilot programme and forum attitudes
Old 16th Apr 2003, 02:53
velvet_ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SARS and CX cadet pilot programme and forum attitudes

i read in someone elses post that CX is postponing or has put off any more cadet programmes for the rest of the year because of the SARS issue? Has this been confirmed?

Does anyone know of any factual information on how this is going to affect future and current cadet pilot applications?? will there be still be interviews?

Also do CX contact you if you have been unsuccessful with your cadet pilot programme application?

Moving on to something else, i'd just thought i would mention this and i wonder if anyone else has the same feeling?? or has found this type of attitude?? do you agree that is really not necessary?

I have been reading through the posts that i have recieved and those of what others have recieved. One of the most common aspects of this is when someone posts a new topic and asks a question is the constant reference to checking the archives.

What is the point of anyone asking a question in the forum if they are just going to be told to refer to the archives when the information there, yes may be of use it could also possibly be out of date too? therefore, isnt asking in the forum the best way you will find the most up to date of information from others?

Also Has it become so difficult for people to post a simple reply without dropping in some sort of sarcastic comment? When there really is no such need. Either people have something to offer or they dont? So why do some feel it is there need to pick?

Isn't the whole idea of this being a wannabe forum is for those who are just starting out in the aviation industry and requesting advice and opinions of others who either have experience or are in a similar situation themselves? If this is how some peoples attitudes can be online, i wonder what it is like in the industry itself??

Although the majority of the attitudes i have come across are positive and helpful there have been a few comments that just seem somewhat inappropriate and have some attitude in it, expecting me to already know the answer? Well if i knew the answer then i wouldnt be asking the question? It is as simple as this, if you cant say something appropriate and without attitude then dont say anything at all?

I think people should maybe try and be a little bit more sympathetic to those who are just starting out in the PPRUNE forum, It takes a lil bit to get learn of all the types of forums and it is the same for when you begin anything new. I believe the saying "treat others the way you would like to be treated" would be appropriate. We are all on the same side here and shouldnt feel the need to knock anyone down if they make a mistake.

Last edited by velvet_ice; 16th Apr 2003 at 03:11.