PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2014, 11:04
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£450m? From what I understand they will need double that.
From various share sales and money left in from the sell off pot when they brought STN. They need about 1.2 billion for all demolition, remedial work, compensation, construction etc.

But still, what's so overwhelming about a new surface car park and a metro line and the distinctly underwhelming, not actually that much happening Airport City. I went through the airport yesterday - not a single crane on the skyline and very little disruption to speak of through roadworks etc.
Just because you can not see it doesn't mean nothing is happening. There is also the logistics hub and the airfield repairs which should begin 'visually' soon. All the construction work at the moment is around land clearance and drainage. Rome wasn't built in a day.

When it leaks out anyway - which it surely will - it will only make them look stupid. Imagine the local rags 'The plans they didn't want you to see' They'll have lost before they begin
I think you are being slightly over dramatic there. Its not public yet because its still to be finalised and going through an airline consultation before public plans are made. Its nothing to do with 'hiding' things, its because the method, timescale and type of construction could change drastically between the plan now and the final plan. Again, Rome wasn't built in a day, and patience is needed.