PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 22:50
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have to accept peoples views whether good or bad and ignore the odd troll who lurks here.
Ohhhh come on!

Plastic787 made some very truthful comments about the airport, especially the parts about queuing in corridors for flights, no where to sit and long immigration queues. You cannot in the slightest bit call them troll comments.

Luton is my local airport and the airport I want to support... On the whole my experiences from the airport have been positive and but have to say I have experienced issues likes he has mentioned in the past on more than one occassion...

Public transport to the airport is far from perfect... The railway station 1 mile from the terminal and a monopolised bus service to London who charges higher fares than other London airports where there is competition.

The terminals floor area is one of the smallest in the UK, when you compare it passengers/m2 and airport does charge for far more services, which you get for free at other airports of its size.

It is easy for people to say they can choose not to fly from the airport... But most passengers choose price over comfort. A number of east European flights are only flown from Luton and if you have not flown from Luton before you do not necessarily know what to expect.

Airports like STN offer equally as cheap flights and get paid the same low airline/passenger fees as Luton, but in general offer a better passenger experience. Which is proven in surveys like SkyTrax, Which and Trip Advisor. Lets stop looking at the airport through rose tinted spectacles.

We should support the airport, but atleast be truthful to ourselves things are far from perfect.