PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 09:24
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness one echo

That exactly my point when i say they(Monarch) already punch above their weight,but Jet2 grew at 27% in 2011 & 13% in 2012, meanwhile Monarch grew at just 2.4% & 6.2% over the same period. Monarch of course have wide body aircraft and that helps, but i think the final figures for 2013 will show Monarch at +9% closer to 7m so its going in the right direction, but more importantly they are now profitable

A high profile TV program may help reinforce brand awareness amongst current customers, but i don't see people going,wow that looks great lets give Monarch a try either, TV audiences according to BARB are continuing to trend lower this year and the historic trend if for watched hours to fall away significantly as the weather warms up, we are already well past the peak booking period for this summer, this show would have been better planned in the run up to Xmas, but then Ant & Dec wouldn't have had time for this filler to their income stream.

Norwegian are virtually unknown outside the London area, but already have 10% of LGW traffic (passengers) which i think would put them at 3.4m a year from just LGW so clearly they understand the British public and how to reach them.

Hopefully the new Monarch aircraft order will put them into a long term growth trajectory.

Love the new hangar BTW nice smell of fresh paint inside