PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vueling pilots union request wage increase
Old 24th Feb 2014, 13:52
seasexsun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000 hours TT is NOT the minimum requirement to join "Craping", the minimum is to have a CPL with 150 hours TT, and if you are from a partner school FTO it's even better. Before Vueling was merged into Clickair the minimum was 1500 hrs TT.

What about the Vueling chief pilot, spaniard ex Britania Airways who used to be very well paid and treated long time ago and explains now to the applicants that what they offer at Vueling is a 6 month contract ONLY with the type rating to be paid and a ridiculous salary of 830 euros gross per month and he dares to add "if you have a family to feed, if you have a house to pay, please stand up and leave the room, this job is NOT for you". This clown is making 15000 euros plus a month and flies very little which is good for is hoppies like montain bike and twitter.

I am in Air Europa and I really dont care about vueling but I have many friends treated like **** or experienced friends that just cant find a job in spain because Vueling is taking over all the market at low cost and hires friends of friends with NO experience and very little skills.