PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2014, 00:19
BaronVonBarnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigapple05

In my opinion:

-> I'd only do the medical first if you have doubts about your fitness to fly. Chances are that any underlying medical conditions / eyesight issues you will already be aware of so i don't see any reason to faff around getting a class one medical before even applying for training. And if you do your medical in Europe you will get an EASA Class one medical that will be valid world wide.

-> This is the big question. I don't think it is a definite No. Have a read of this thread: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-job...t-licence.html

-> I haven't done selection (yet), but i do know that CTC test against a standard and if you meet the standard you can train with them, Qatar on the other hand may pit you against other applicants based on phase 3 and 4. For non english speakers you need to have IELTS Level 6 proof.

Personally I would get an offer first before spending money on medicals etc, although this does mean paying for selection first. Which ever way you look at it you will be spending a eye watering amount of money to train so you may as well save the pennies now. If you are comparing the Qatar wings MPL route to the CTC Wings fATPL route the overall cost difference is smaller than you think once you factor in getting a type rating on your fATPL. You also have to consider the pay in the long run, if the mumblings about the healthy salary at Qatar are true then paying off your training debt will be a lot easier than it would be flying for a low cost European carrier. Plus the progression potential at Qatar is looking really quite good with a whole stack of new aircraft on the order books.