PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejected by OASC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2002, 16:15
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry to hear you didn’t get through, but you knows what they say – its the determined ones that make it. If you’ve been knocked back, pick yourself up and start pushing them for the earliest date you can reapply. That shows perseverance, which will very much count in your favour.

The 9x9 thingie, as you’ve probably figured out, is basically a destruction test. The system just keeps throwing more and more symbols at you, presumably to see how you cope under pressure.

Somehow I managed to get my highest score on this test (God knows how) – when it started to get silly, I just concentrated on one section of the grid, as I figured you cannot cancel all of them and constantly scanning the whole grid just wastes time. Obviously you need to keep one eye open for the priority symbols; when you see one of them, drop everything else.

Incidentally, the fact that you’ve sat the tests before will load the next set of results slightly against you (as they figure the experience gives you an advantage over other candidates). However, the fact that you’ve refused to give up and are back for more punishment should more than offset this.

Good luck with it.