PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2014, 09:34
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Payslips are irrelevant unless a company needs the info.

What I can tell you after running a number of small businesses is that the CEO earns less than just about anyone. And that is because the CEO understands everyone's job (and can usually do it better themselves) and values future growth, but more importantly SERIOUSLY values every single minute of work that people do. Because he/she has done it themselves. That to me, is the principle difference between small and large businesses.

It's the guy who buys that company that doesn't get the value.

I am a net employer and believe me, in this country we need lower wages for non skilled work. I'm talking plate cleaners on Sunday or after 6pm on weekdays (even if they only work those hours each week) legally getting $60++per hour. And no, I am NOT kidding.

What pisses me off to the point of not caring is that people like you guys kept Qantas aircraft the safest in the world so I could feel proud to be Australian, then these cretins come in to run the place who think you are worth less than a person whose qualifications are that they (usually) turn up on time and can spread flora on a slice of bread.

This govt is all about attacking that ludicrous state of play, but unfortunately we are all falling foul of the QF lies. Spread from (make no mistake) dearest Livvie's lips through the mouth of that slimey pole climber Howes.

For seriously educated 'workers' like you and I - we are nothing but collateral damage.

Whenever I speak to parliament people (and I do) I tell them exactly what is what. And they listen. But it's scales of justice thing, wins v losses. We just don't have the pull with 'the masses'.

Last edited by V-Jet; 20th Feb 2014 at 09:55.