PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot demand in Asia
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2014, 01:54
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@lingdee your mate who had 3000 hours was shown the door in indo due to the new regulations, i do feel sorry for him but do you know who to blame for that rule change? its the p2f pilots, do you know the reason ?? if you don't please don't bang on the drum about the merits of p2f job
I was thinking the exact same thing!

And instead of the 250hr rule on type, why not make it 1500hrs total time in Indonesia with 1000 command? You will get guys with relevant experience and will know the country and the culture by the time they are moving on to the jets. People are finding loop holes in that 250hr rule by going to some dodgy country and paying for 250hrs and then coming to Indonesia. The ones that do have good experience on the jets usually end up in Middle east. Maybe a few exceptions that come this way. Not really solving the problem.

people like you are just bending over and dropping your trousers. do you think that's fair ?
Anything for the shiny jet job, anything. And I bet when they move up the ladder, they are gonna do more damage to the Terms and conditions because they had to suffer and sacrifice to get to where they are!

i personally know a lot of pilots from lion air, and i don't think i have ever met someone who was happy there,they were always complaining about the t&c, the way they were treated.
There are some really good Training Capt and Capts in Lion air. Some of these guys have decades of experience flying in Papua and they are really down to Earth when you meet them.

But there are exceptions like a certain Capt. M_ _ _ _ who will insult you just for being a foreigner! I don't blame him, I would feel exactly the same when people would come to my country and pay to have a job that they don't deserve and complain about it. So, when these P2f complain that they are treated like crap, guess what princess, you get what you pay for!