PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot demand in Asia
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2014, 14:07
Gtr21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@lingdee your mate who had 3000 hours was shown the door in indo due to the new regulations, i do feel sorry for him but do you know who to blame for that rule change? its the p2f pilots, do you know the reason ?? if you don't please don't bang on the drum about the merits of p2f job

you say pilots with jobs do not care about the new guys coming out to the industry, you are soo wrong, even when i came across here if you are willing to do the leg work a lot of people will help you, but if you rather just pay your way in lot of self respecting pilots will just walk away, maybe that's why no one is willing to help you ??

you say about the lion pilots going to other airlines, but do you know what has happened in Asia due to the emergence of p2f ??
for example before to join scoot air all you needed was the hour requirements that was listed on the website, now you are required to fund up 50% of your type rating plus a bond, all of it equates up to 80 thou sgd for a 777 but then you get re trained and rebounded as they will be getting 787 soon, the amount for which they do not disclose.
keep in mind guys who apply for this position has already got more than 1500 hours and ATP.
you yourself said the pilots who do the cpl out of their pockets are in debt, even if they get a job they need to save up for years to be able to afford the terms on this airline because people like you are just bending over and dropping your trousers. do you think that's fair ?

lingdee check your source thou about lion pilots working for soo many reputed airlines you might be slightly mislead, also a lot of mentioned airlines stopped taking lion pilots after the first few.

do you think if people didn't pay, you think airlines wont hire anyone? you don't think they will open the cadet program.

and i personally know a lot of pilots from lion air, and i don't think i have ever met someone who was happy there,they were always complaining about the t&c, the way they were treated.
but if you sell yourself can you really complain when the company ***** you over and doesn't respect you ?