PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot demand in Asia
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 12:01
lingdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
klmasdriver, it's easy to say don't pay for any opportunity.

Flying job and especially for those who pay for their cpl out of their own pocket is like a catch 22 situation.

Airline want to hire experience pilots with hours , cpl guys do not have any job, how on earth are they going to get the hours?

My mate who is an instructor with 3000 hours flew all the way to indonesia and were shown out of the door because they want 250 hours on type and do not even care about piston engine hours. With that i mean hours on type like 737,320 and atr.

Experience pilot who are currently flying always say that only stupid pilot pay, well do they really care? NO. what they care is if there is cheap pilots flooding the market, they will get lower t n c, Are these people wrong. yet again NO. who doesn't want a high paying job.

cpl pilots will do whatever it takes to get hours on type because they have already invested US80,000 ( some paid EURO 100k in europe ) for their cpl and there is no turning back. If they do not do something, they my as well burn the money.Are these people wrong. yet again NO.

4 years ago when lion took pay to fly pilots, those who took the opportunity were being called stupid and that no one will accept them.

Today they are flying for major airlines such as cathay pacific, flydubai, korean, Norwegian air , turkish airline, BA and qatar earning as high as US11,000 tax free.

Those who condemn them end up jobless today. so who is smart and who is stupid.

4 years ago, the price to join lion is US24,000 and price for pay to fly today has gone up as high as more than US100,000. Even then with money today there are no more opportunity to join lion or are mostly scam .

everyone is selfish and do not care about others but the reality is like this.