PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO English language proficiency
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2014, 19:33
billyh42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Following harmonisation of European pilot licences, pilots holding UK National or EASA licences living outside the USA who also hold a US Federal Administration Certificate allowing them to fly in the United States must have it reissued with the UK CAA to retain its validity.
I think this sentance is missing a comma, (it) refers to the UK National licence.
No commas missing - it clearly says UK National or EASA licences!

I don't see any process by which the CAA could, or would have the slightest interest in issuing an FAA Certificate. The CAA don't work for nothing annd I don't see the FAA paying them for the privilege. I can find nothing on either the CAA or FAA websites about any such process.
As per the first quote from the FAA announcement, "must have it reissued with the UK CAA" seems to suggest otherwise!

The section I quoted from the FAA announcement was just that - a section. The full announcement appeared in Pilot Magazine, Feb 2014, Page 10 as well as eleswhere in the UK aviation media.

However, here's yet another snippet, this time from the CAA themselves:-

"Recognising the difficulties that this will present to European pilots, the FAA’s Flight Standards Service has decided to grant a deviation from its standard reissuance practice. This allows the pilot to attend the UK CAA in person with the required documentation and fee. The UK CAA will then verify your information to the FAA, who will then issue a new FAA pilot certificates (validation)"

Last edited by billyh42; 17th Feb 2014 at 19:46. Reason: spelling