PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 17th Feb 2014, 07:11
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-FAA.pdf

After reading the above link from purely a SLF point of view i feel slightly more comfortable due to the following

1) Singles out a private aviation company as well as AI for the bulk of the issues. I do not fly these airlines.....

2) Most of the issues seem to lie around certification and validation of many of the aircrew of these aircraft including re training. This is a bit of a concern but considering most airlines seem to be now moving to using single type craft in their fleet it should be easy to resolve very quickly. CRJ and 747 are again AI specific.

I did not see safety violations of ATC and aerodromes as well as on quality of maintenance of aircraft as well as actual maintainece violations on aircraft or aerodromes. Have not flow to Zimbabwe or Botswana to know if what is contained in this link to be be deemed so serious that to give visions of falling aircraft, crappy equipment and general fear in the traveling public including US airlines to immediately revoke the bi laterals.

My opinion a more graded system like one in a facility audit with points and weight age much like a crisil business rating should be the benchmark for the FAA to ensure a more accurate picture is being pot rayed. At the moment it seems to be very subjective and open ended, but then I am only going on what I am seeing on this link.

At least as a passenger on a flight next few hours I am feeling more comfortable...

On a separate note I am sure FAA gave ample opportunities for them to fix these issues and finally had enough.....so cannot blame them