PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 13:49
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But why ARE these issues specific to Manchester ?

On more occasions than not when Manchester is called upon to assist there seems to be issues, not all the time as was pointed out with Thai etc but lets be clear it's more often than not
And this has been my argument in the past.

Im not arguing that staff levels are low, and they are paid peanuts etc, that argument has been done to death already. We cannot have hoards of staff waiting around 'just in case', however, why does MAN seem to suffer more than others?

As I have said in the past, BHX has a very similar airline demographic to MAN, so should have a similar staff to flight ratio. That seems to accept anything and everything.

DSA has the bare bones staff due to traffic levels, still managed to offload 5 aircraft and send them back on their way within 1 hour of landing.

LBA is pretty much full overnight, still accepted 2 BA Airbus.

NCL, not the largest airport in the UK space wise, but still managed to take 2 larger aircraft than MAN could manage.

STN, I will assume is now going to be similar to MAN staff wise now they are the same company, still managed to take in double digit figure diverts from LHR/LGW and LCY.

So, why is MAN so unable to accept the same ratio of diverts that other similar or smaller airports are able to, why is this issue seemingly unique to MAN and what can be done, either attitude or physical change wise to alter this now pretty awful reputation it has not just on forums but with some airlines too?