PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 12:37
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But why ARE these issues specific to Manchester ?

On more occasions than not when Manchester is called upon to assist there seems to be issues, not all the time as was pointed out with Thai etc but lets be clear it's more often than not.

Do aircraft ever get turned away from Stansted, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Prestwick, Dublin or even Robin Hood ?

Maybe they do, if we have anybody behind the lines at these airports maybe they can compare notes ?

AND comparisons certaibly in terms of staffing can be made, after all it's only about scale !

Birmingham not exactly flush with parking and stands, my understanding is that like Manchester most gates are full first thing in the morning with based aircraft, no problems that I am aware of other than some miscommunication with the TAP. So how was staffing, offload, coaches, hotels etc organised down there ?

Liverpool had a number of EZY, again any issues with parking, staffing manning etc ?

Read many times that Leeds apparently is always full overnight, all stands full with based aircraft parked on taxiways, they still managed to squeeze in a couple of BA.

And what of the stand out Robin Hood ! 5 flights a day at best, My goodness it must be one man and his dog handling stuff over there.

It's in the middle of nowhere but they still managed to accept 4 Wizz and and an EZY late sametime as us on a Friday night... how ?

I'm baffled !

Last edited by Bagso; 16th Feb 2014 at 12:56.