PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 bird strike 10/4/03
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2003, 07:41
asheng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Ghengis,

Having read your last post I totally agree with what you have said (something which may surprise you,no doubt).

At the end of the day to devise a computer to stop over rotation would be simple enough but we cant have a computer overriding every decision the flight crew make.What happens when his decision is the only last course available and the system says no,That is not a viable option.

The flight crew are trained to react to a variety of different problems they may encounter but on this occasion they made a rather large mistake but not quite as bad as the Singapore 747 crew thank heavens.

I was on shift last Thursday night and saw the Helios aircraft on the remote stands at stansted but must confess didnt really take a lot of notice of it.It wasnt until Saturday that I knew much of the incident but then I was in bed all day Thursday.

Maybe next time I will take a closer look but from what I have read this situation has been blown out of perspective by the press as all these situations do. But as has been asked by many people "What do the press know about our business?" Answer Not much!