PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 15th Feb 2014, 17:51
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Art, I must say I liked your post 2081, especially the penultimate paragraph pretty spot on

I totally understand your feeling on post 2135, you'll see similar activity throughout this and other threads!

Anyhoo, back to the subject;
Thanks for the gen on the sensor/probe 'substance.

So, if the fuel was uncontaminated, sensor/probes uncontaminated, no reason to be looking at SHED EMER , no mechanical problems, no fuel line problems, sufficient fuel in the system to be providing flight, Warning panel working correctly in respect of the LOW FUEL indications and the gong working correctly, everything as it should be apart from the PRIME and TRANSFER pump switches being in the wrong positions (for normal flight) we must surely be looking at the CPDS or HF.

The CAD part of the CPDS should have been displaying 2x PRIME PUMP, 2x FUEL, F PUMP FWD & F PUMP AFT along with PITOT HTR
With everyone of those individual cautions, there should have been the master caution light and the warning beeps should have been going off within the i/c, that need to be physically cancelled.
The lower half of the CPDS should have been displaying 01kg 76kg 00kg

If you don't have those indications, you cannot be aware of what is really going on.
If all those indications were there, I find it hard to believe that the pilot and 2 observers did nothing about it.