PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - disturbed minds at justhelicopters
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2003, 04:54
T_richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tigerpic,

..........you said"i believe strongly that the american people are not as united as the bush-clan say they are. ............
............ i was at disneyworld in orlando july 4th; but where were all the american flags, ...................

I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion, I assume that you had more evidence then a day spent at an amusement park. Disney is the most packaged entertainment concept in the world, what you saw there has nothing to do with American patriotism and everything to do with focus groups, etc. If I knew you where going to be in my country, I would have offered you a sailing cruise down to the annual AirShow on Narragansett Bay to Quonset Point, home of the US SeeBees. On July Fourth, you would have seen the kind of energy, that awes our friends and scares our enemies. But that is only a single days reflection of America's concern for its own. Please observe the national outpouring of concern then joy at the recovery of USA Pfc. Jessica Lynch. The rescue of just one POW is a national event, my country rejoices in the news that seven more POWS are alive and coming home.

Please come back after to the US after I and almost 100 of my fellow towns people travel some 600 miles to Arlington National Cemetary to bury one of our sons. I'll be happy to show you mutual concern by the bushel basket and a love of country most people have never seen in their land.

I am afraid you are sorely mistaken or mislead. Disneyland is not the USA, and apparently you have never really visited my country. Please come back soon.