PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2014, 11:57
750XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the J2 formation team perhaps these should be double parked as a matter of cause reducing space during the winter M-F - OR better still use price to encourage them to be taken elsewhere LBA or EMA for parking,
So you throw away revenue from parked aircraft to rival airports/companies just in case you get a dozen diverts one February night I'd be interested to see how much revenue the parked Jet2's bring to the airport, compared to a single night of diverts.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Jet2 aircraft are permanently stored at MAN for the winter? They still operate flights, just at far less frequent rate than in the summer.

Should the airport also price Fedex out of the airport with their two based aircraft as these two stands could potentially be used for diverts on a Saturday night?

The airport is a business, not a charity. If they can make more money using apron space for car parking than keeping that space vacant for the off chance we get a few diverts then why not?