PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 15th Feb 2014, 05:40
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. I'm sorry if I am not so mesmerized with FAA or America as some of the others here.So FAA has no weaknesses is it ? You preach us to acknowledge our faults, and you begin with the premise that you are perfect.Brilliant !
The system of aviation operations under FAA supervision may not be 100% perfect, but given the size of operations that the FAA oversees and the number of departures that take place every hour in the USA, the safety results are by and large pretty decent, much better than rest of the world...

The number of small & medium sized GA airplanes that operate from 1 small airport in USA like say KTMB, Kendal Tmi-Ami, or even KFXE, which many of you would remember from your days at Dean, are more than the total flights operating in entire India...

Remember all these small, medium and large GA pistons, turbo props & jets fly in & out of the worlds busiest airspaces every hour & my friend planes are not falling from the sky....

But that does not mean I am downplaying India at all, I just want the DGCA to move their bloody lazy bums and do some actual work to make the country's aviation environment better...

Last edited by pilotbaba; 15th Feb 2014 at 06:01.