PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2014, 04:09
Silverado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all knew that the LAME workforce was going to be massacred, when the company agreed to the document that was rubber stamped by FWA as our Workplace Determination.

What amazes me is that Qantas didn't have the mettle to push through their IR agenda then. Most LAME's I talk to believe we got a better WD/EBA than we really wanted/expected. I suspect, for those LAME's that weather the storm, will again get an EBA that is considered reasonable.

If Qantas was offered Jetstar EBA terms and conditions by the ALAEA, I'm confident they would turn it down and we would end up with more of the same (albeit with a smaller and smaller LAME workforce).

I put it to any manager reading this thread, that you don't have the balls to make any real changes to the EBA/WD. You will play hard ball during the protracted, so called negotiations and then fold and whimper away. With your only resolve to reduce the workforce further! You will be left with an EBA, that you will complain is unsustainable and you will be right. You will whinge about the ALAEA and take no responsibility for your failings!

Last edited by Silverado; 14th Feb 2014 at 04:34. Reason: Clipped your right, they live by the theory of "if at first you don't succeed, a bigger hammer is what you need"