PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot demand in Asia
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2014, 03:08
lingdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi pac84,

Totally understand your situation as I myself have send more resume than you with no luck.

Every single month, there are new graduates from flying schools flooding the market and supply has exceed demand way too much that the market can absorb.

That is the market situationin asia now with thousands of jobless cpl pilots especially in india. I heard in europe it's the same if not much worst.

Applying via agencies ( Parc, wasinc, sigma, richworth, direct personal and the rest ) is useless as most of the time they want experience and hours normally 1500 total time with 500 hours on type and some as much as 3000 hours.

Vietnam is impossible now since some of my mates went to their open day last month and were shown out of the door because they are only taking locals.

Even bush flying in africa require 1000 total time now and no longer accept 250 hour cpl pilots.

at the present moment, your chance to get a job as a foreigner is Indonesia since they have the lowest requirement, you need only 250 on type to get a job there.

Unless you are local citizens, having a cpl or type rating with zero hours , your chance to get a job in asia is as good as zero.

More flying schools or TRTO need to spend more money to pay journalist to continue writing and telling the public there are pilots in demand to continue to remain in business. someone need to stop this and the public need to know the ugly truth.

In india, we have tata sia and air asia india opening jobs for cpl pilots only to be filled up by experience pilots from kingfisher and other locals airlines giving us zero chance and opportunity!

At the rate with so many pilots graduating form flying schools, sadly, a lot of pilots will never ever become a pilot in their lifetime. sad but true.

I would say your highest possibility is to get a job in europe.