PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 11th Feb 2014, 11:19
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@apache: I think we both are saying about the same thing.....Elections at both ends and personal aspirations played a huge role. The miscalculation on the US DA side was the different reaction this time....after all in the past the Indian President has been searched and this was only a lowly diplomat.... Hence yes elections.

@captjns: What punitive actions can the DGCA taken against US citizens. I will not be surprised if we soon here of a US carrier having some clearance issues and some other cost enhancing issues shortly..... politicians are very patient. I think in typical knee jerk Indian Govt is harassing US diplomats in India.......

Never made a statement that it will be the end all and be all for Boeing, however remember it is also the defence sales and money talks B/S walks...... India might not be the big gun but in the same token has been one of the larger customers to Boeing as a whole......

Few foreign companies I see withdrawing but yes enough are complaining and waiting to see if the new Govt makes any moves. Once again long term numbers too lucrative to ignore and get into the bad books....and that is correct diplomacy which many US companies have mastered but the DA could not!