PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 11th Feb 2014, 09:23
Capt Apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DGCA has been under scrutiny for the better part of the last decade, diplomatic crisis or not. And each audit had forebearings of disaster. But these guys scraped through each time, which amazed me, because they truly are an inept and corrupt regulator.
And that brings us to the question.How did they scrape through each time ?

A byproduct of being a global player, as India wants to be, is being held up to global standards, which are, fortunately more exacting than the chalta hai/theek hai attitude which pervades the Indian way of doing things.
I will have to concede some ground here.But why did they wake up to it all now ?.The standards here have always been more or less the same.It is not like they have touched a new low.

Read here: If I follow US standards, I will have to shut almost all drug facilities: G N Singh | Business Standard

@ wannabe flyer

The question that we really should be asking is,Why would a country as powerful and smart as America try to bully a poor,weak and friendly nation like India for the sake of a maid ?

The answer to all my questions lies in the timing of all these events.