PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 23:03
Stone_cold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gforc . This is correct , if all the issues are told to you prior to you accepting the employment then you agree and sign on the bottom line . However , all is not told and things change overnight without your agreement . Example , overnight : Qatar stopped providing connecting flights home for flight crew that lived off of Qatar's network . Not a small issue , when you have a family and now have to buy full fare tickets ( peak season holidays ) . Arguably this was not guaranteed in the contract , but was promised prior to hiring and provided for years and withdrawn with the last salary increase .
Payment for overtime was another " change " at the previous salary adjustment .Another thing which may be of interest to Momo , being " on your own " is not always an advantage as the allowance given is not sufficient , but is another benefit changed as from 2005/2006 housing had been provided ( good luck with the landlords as 2020 approaches ) . I am not about to provide a laundry list here , but I was once told by the guy in charge of recruitment at the time , that his job wasn't about Pilot retention , just to get them to join ( so he said whatever he needed to in order to maintain his quota) . So although i agree that if you go in after being warned , then accept what you get , but it is not so simple in the Middle East and it surprises many ,so while he has all the relevant info and is happy , others may wish to question more .

As for the drinking which Momo refers to , there is no rule for anyone prohibiting this . "0.0" tolerance . CC cannot have in their accommodation , but can go out to the clubs etc. , so everyone can party and drink to the wee hours . And this is where I started to disagree with you . They have a curfew , even on their days off , and this restriction is more what the article alludes to . No one is saying they should be allowed to drink and work .All get fired for doing this .

Momo said " This only really applies to the cc. I don't think pilots face such scrutiny. Proof from the article itself is that the pilot who broke the rules was given a warning, whereas a cc member would have been sacked."

Twisting your words ??

No , the life experience was not good ...just not horrible , personally .

I agree that the scrutiny is not as intrusive on a personal level for the Pilot , but was in place for a while ( not sure about now ) at the Holiday Villas . So it can happen . My point was that the same rules can be imposed to everyone if they wish . It is their train set and the what you sign up for may not be what you end up with .

So Momo , as we continue to disagree , it's not an issue and it is by no means personal , just note that I can state what I observed , you say " you think " .