PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rip off Britain!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2002, 09:52
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm,

[quote] In this instance talking to a Met Officer means exactly that. You could ask him/her to calculate an adiabatic lapse rate either side of a front and they could do so. In the US you are really just talking to a person who can read you out information that is at his/her fingertips and available elsewhere.<hr></blockquote>

Have you ever phoned one WWW, or is this just what you've read? The forecaster on the phone in the US....(note, free phone call, free service)...gives a very comprehensive forecast, with advice pertinent to your flight such as NOTAMS, SIGMETS, and other advisories, all amalgamated into the pre flight briefing. Ok, you may be able to gain this info on your own via the internet, but there is no substitute for talking to a 'real' person who is qualified to tell you whether you should or should not make the flight.

By the way, GA is cheaper in the US! If I want, I can fly into LAX and it costs no more than the Hobbs time. I'd like to see anyone land an Arrow at LHR. It really is as simplistic as that!!!

Cheers

EA