PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rip off Britain!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2002, 05:22
LRRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being married to an American I have experienced my wife giving me a comprehsive list of all the things that are cheaper/better in the USA.

The strange thing is that quite a few of he things she thought were really cool about the states were actualy made in Britain!
She has a couple of degrees but for some reason when they told her that Marconi invented radio they did not give the impression that he was not American.

When visiting I often wonder how they can do so many things and charge so little.
I mean sometimes it just does not add up until you take in to account that the price of the land over there is a lot cheaper.
I have wondered just what it would take to create an airfield here that did all of the things that the best fbo's do in the states.
In the end I gave up because the costs were prohibitive but I did start to appreciate what we do get here for a measly little landing fee.

Oh, I also realised I had only seen one aspect of it when I overhead my wife telling her brother last year, about all the things we have back home in the UK that are better than they have in the states.