PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2014, 17:04
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am responsible enough and have, for the past 26 years, been responsible enough to turn up to work sober, well rested and fit for my job. I can set those parameters for myself as can the vast majority of my colleagues. I don't need some jumped up half wit demanding what I do and writing ludicrous rules into a handbook of a company.

I see who I wish, I fraternise with who I wish, live where I wish (as long as I am confident I can get to work) go out where I wish, sleep where I wish and I would resent any employer (yes including the military) trying to tell me, a consenting adult, otherwise. Think about what sort of regime would demand these rules. Doha is a dump. You will never be 'local' the locals will always be preferential rostered before you, you have NO job security and you have no fundamental right of access to your finances.

If you are prepared to give up these basic, fundamental freedom rights for the 'privilege' of sitting in a shiny jet then I'm afraid either your background was terrible or you are far too naive and trusting.

But what the hell, go for it.