PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South Sudan any1? What to buy before?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 22:08
artlite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all information, highly appreciated. Wasn't even expecting such a response (and one prayer offer on pm). The money I mentioned, if stars align, I would receive as a grant from EU. In Poland, where I live, you can apply for maximum 10k euro when you register a company. I applied for cessna SET/IR training refund and a couple grand as a start-up hence my post here. On a side note perhaps somebody knows a place where I can get a rating in my part of Europe? (central eastern). Options in Poland are pretty limited and mostly for SET/VFR only.

I will take everything you wrote into consideration. Had some training for AK47 in the air force, but hopefully I won't need to use it. My employer (a friend) is pretty green himself since the company just started and it'll be our maiden flight. The coordinates and maps will be provided by our African lesee, although we don't know what maps yet. Plane flies on empty next month to S. Sudan and able to take up to a tonne of load that's why I asked - so it doesn't go wasted. I should join around mid-April if nothing falls apart.

Is sat phone really a must? Are S.Sudanese trustworthy and reliable pple?