PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harvs Air Flight Instructor Rating+Job
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 17:33
MyMeowCat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think one of the root problems with getting a job at the same school you trained at is that there could be other people finishing off the same ratings who also want a job at the same place! There are probably other "graduates" from the previous year who may apply for the same job!

One of the major mis-understandings people have about Canada is that they think they can take school here and then be guaranteed a job. This is also a mis-conception that young Canadians have too --- they think if you spend years hard work and spending thousands of dollars that university degree that they will get a job in that field of study.

The government here does not simply allow anyone to come to Canada to work and get citizen ship. I am not an expert on immigration but but I think at minimal you need a sponsor like family members in Canada...even then it can take years to process your paper work.

The process is faster is you are a skilled migrant but the skills must match a list of wwhat the government thinks there is a shortage in Canada.

You can not simply pick a country of your choosing, take a course there and expect citizenship and a job.