PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA downgrades India's aviation safety ranking
Old 1st Feb 2014, 11:42
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the reason for the downgrade? The FAA submitted "Task Cards", which had to be acted within a specified period of time. Anyone know which tasks not completed? The time expired and required tasks not completed. FAA lived up to their edict.

ZFT, perhaps a bit misguided, intimated the reason for the downgrade may have been established because of the Indian Diplomatic dealing in improprieties with her nanny. Now why in the world ZFT, would the FAA downgrade India's Safety since the crime was committed against the US department of Homeland Security Regulations?

Wannabe Flyer, you live up to your handle, a Wannabe. Do you actually think that one or two Dreamliner cancelled by Air India, who does not have to Rupees to rub together, is going to have an effect on Boeing's bottom line?

I've flown in India for quite a number of years. Problems with ATC? not more than other places I've flown. For those who've flown in parts of Spain and Italy, China, Russia, to name a few, and yes the US know what I'm talking about.

Probably the worst which leaves a mark on most people's memories is the bureaucratic ways of India and their DGCA. The old saying goes, since India was under British rule until 1947, "The British introduced bureaucracy to India, and the Indians perfected it to the nth degree."