PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS advert for pilot with 650 I/F hours minimum
Old 31st Jan 2014, 15:31
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Same add asked for 8 or more multi-engine renewals!
They used to be every 6 months

Stipulating X number of instrument flight time and X number of instrument rating renewals just shows how out of touch with the real world of flying qualifications that some Australian operators are.
I do not think so, the CP role is not entry level, they are managing the fixed wing operation (20+ million dollars worth of assets and millions of dollars in payroll) reporting to the CEO. The medical staff also have fairly high requirements, the entry level nurses normally have at least midwifery and intensive care training (like being a fixed wing and helicopter pilot). The nursing managers normally have higher requirements, so do the doctors.

If I was a line pilot I would want to have an experienced chap there to talk to before embarking on a mercy flight, to look at the risks objectively.

This is from the NSW Health rotary wing tender

Pilots, Aircrewmen and Engineers
 Through out the contract duration pilots, air crewman and LAME must meet minimum experience and qualification requirements
 To be approved by NSW Ambulance
 Management team to be approved by NSW Ambulance
 Rostering
– Rosters of pilots and aircrewman should align with the rosters for medical crew, where possible.