PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1979 Western Airlines 2605 information?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 01:06
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooky you are most helpful and I am very thankful for your efforts. Please feel assured that I in no way, shape or form expect you to do anything for me, a mere stranger on the Internet. You have been extremely kind as is!

I do feel like I need to clarify myself: I do not long for any CVR recording, only the transcript would be nice. I heard enough CVR excerpts from that short TV clip on Youtube linked to earlier in this thread.
Please do not interpret my words as anything other than a humble wish upon a star from my side. I shall do my best to try and locate anything by myself (sometimes with a helpful pointer from more educated people) as I, again, do not expect anyone to do it for me.

As mentioned, yes, this is a horrifying story - more so, I believe, because very few seems to know anything about this. The information you people so generously provided has shown that there may be several lessons to be learned years ahead of its time. Crew fatigue seems to have played a part in this play. What if there had been empahized actions against crew fatigue already in 1979 - then there may have been a whole lot of happy campers flying on Colgan in 2009... and who knows how many other accidents avoided since.