PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS advert for pilot with 650 I/F hours minimum
Old 30th Jan 2014, 22:16
Tee Emm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That makes it impossible for RFDS to check veracity of claimed logged I/F time".

Agreed - a waste of time that proves nothing about the applicants experience and may even wipe out well qualified airmen who log honest hands on time - not automatic monkeys. Particularly as the regulations permit logging of instrument flight time while "monitoring" the autopilot doing its job. No hands on skill in that.

Someone mentioned in another thread about an Ansett first officer with 5000 hours who claimed 2000 of those on instruments. That was on F27 and 727. Just imagine having your steak and eggs up front with hostie stroking your fevered brow caused by the appalling stress of having a gourmet lunch while watching the captain chat up said hostie while you eat and drink and monitor the autopilot. Multi-tasking at its best.

And the highly paid co-joe had the gall to log it in his log book as fair dinkum instrument flight time. Spare me! Strongly suspect it still happens in the airlines.

Last edited by Tee Emm; 30th Jan 2014 at 22:31.