PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2014, 11:25
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagso, re your post #2140

"Aviation Strategy (10th January 2013)"

Was this further evidence (Dec'12) to the Transport Select Committee?

More importantly, did MAG submit similar comments to the Davies Commission, which in the wider context of UK capacity were very relevant I would have thought?

Perhaps someone could provide clarification on a couple of related issues:

As I understand it, there is Open Skies between UK regional airports and the USA. If, therefore, say United wanted to fly MAN-IAH, would it still be subject to governments' approval and could BA/AA still make objections? I was under the impression this was not the case. (I'm not referring to transit flights here)
Does Open Skies apply to London Airports as well?

Going East, the situation appears to be different with some bi-laterals still in place, some of which include MAN, or UK airports in general, not just London.
The issue seems to be here that British airlines demand reciprocal rights into LHR if licences were to be awarded for a service xxx - MAN. Is this correct?

For transit flights, is the approval of 3 governments required, and then subject to objections by other carriers?

Apologies if this is somewhat basic but I find I'm getting confused as to what the situation is. (old age my excuse!)