PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 20:44
sage1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just been through the process with these 's. This is how it went for me.

1. Read about job on scoot website (pay 50% of type rating....OK)
2. apply
3. Do on line exams including "flying down tunnel thing" and ridiculous video interview. easy so far.
4. Get invited for interview in Sing.
5. Refuse to go until I am told at least what the pay etc is.
6. Told 9000 + 400 per month for 50% of rating and "approx" 20000 per month in. ok so far.
7. Pay own way to Sing. Airfares, hotels etc etc.
8. First day sit through video with clowns in yellow T-shirts jumping around with "scootatude". A slide show including the finance side of things. At this point hear ( for the first time) about $57000 "training bond". That's how I and another 2 guy's I went through the sim with heard it anyway. Should have walked at this point! Didn't...So onto group crm thingy. no fistycuffs in our group so onto individual interview. All easy and painless. emailed that night all ok onto sim
9. Sim. If only they where all so easy. Normal take off ILS, go round, visual circuit, land EFATO back for ILS and land. Checkie and company F/O both good guy's. emailed that night all ok go to medical
10. Medical next day. standard. Another $420 thank you very much plus taxis
11. So next day invited to office and a contract with start date was given to me happy days. All good till page 3. For the first time hear about bank bond for $57000.
and by the way "when the 787's come you will have another bond on top but we don't know what that is yet". "Sign here please".
12. Dare to question. Job offer withdrawn.

In summary if you have deep pockets (My rough calculation is you need at least $80000 before seeing one cent) and no self respect then this is the job for you.
I understand when your out of work you take what you can get. The contract however is written in such a way that, worse case, they fire you first day for anything they want and you owe them 57000+33000=90000