PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 14:12
vodka_gorbachev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, you can say how Vista sucks, you can say that 100 euro is minimum per diem (not true, almost all EU operators paying 50-80 Euro), you can say that they treating crews like a ****. This will change nothing.

It's their business, and for me it looks like very successful business model, which are working. And philosophy "Accept our rules or go to another company" is absolutely normal for such operators, I underline – absolutely.

Russians like to say – "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence", it's absolutely true. Each pilot, flight attendant will think that competitor is better, paying more and kissing crew's ass. It's not true. There drawbacks everywhere.

I have experience flying privately on one small company, which was asking to go max duty and was delaying salary for almost 2 months. In addition to that my roster was kind of 60 on / 15 off. After that Vista is looking absolutely good compare to what I have – salary paid on time, schedule works fine, new airplanes, interesting destinations.

So, my conclusion – sometimes you need to value what you have for the moment.

If you think that management sucks, everything sucks – go and open your own company, after you can do what you want, pay how you want e.t.c.

Happy landing!

Last edited by vodka_gorbachev; 28th Jan 2014 at 20:10.