PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2014, 09:13
Boabity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treats their staff like Ryanair....
I have several pals working there now. So on the basis of my beer fuelled discussions with them, I understand the following.

They really don't but they do work very hard to keep costs low. All fairly normal business practices really and the crews by in large are really fantastic people. One or two are merely really nice . The problems that crew experience day to day, I imagine are not much different to anyone else.

Ryanair charge you for your interview, accommodation, type rating, line training (because they don't pay you), uniform, coffee and they put you under pressure to keep fuel as low as possible to save money which results in a fair number of fuel emergencies (relatively). They treat the pilots like cattle and have little respect between departments (I believe) and generally make the working conditions kind of rubbish. They never seem to base you where you actually WANT to be and make no effort to put you there. They pay quite well once you are flying regularly on the line, you're a contractor as well, so that job isn't secure.

Vistajet do none of that although some pilots are contractors so that they can be tax efficient. All of this is a matter of public record and there's nothing new.

B200Drvr, noone is listening.