PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did YOU make it to be a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 12:12
Going_Manual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road to the 74

Hey there good luck to you my friend, I hope my story can inspire/be of use

I was born and raised in a rural country town in the states, I am very much a country boy at heart!

1989 - Left college and started my flight training, just pay as you go Modular route
1990 - 1998 - got my first job flying a C150 aerial photography and other odd jobs!! I did this for 8 years!!! can you imagine 8 years in a C150!! 3 engine failures, 1 of which was a fire in that time!
1998 - 2003 -Got a job on the beech 1900 delivering freight done this for 5 years! some of the story I could tell whilst in this role you would not believe me if I told you so I shall spare you this.
2003-2007 -Finally a job in the regionals flying the CRJ-200 for Delta did this for 3 years as FO then finally got a command but funnily enough after just 1 year as a commander I took a job in the Middle East!
2007 - Present - had a couple of years on the A320 and then finally got in to the 747 doing Cargo ops, its a good life, its a big plane and I am the PIC, but I am hoping to move on to the more modern 777 soon. there you go my life summed up in a matter of minutes!