PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 10:16
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WAF

That is why I said you need to be stupid to want to join Scoot on those terms. As already said by others you also need to be rich to join which was ever thus.

I joined SQ Mainline as a DEC in the late 90's when the expat package made it worthwhile to deposit the bank guarantee as one gets it back after 5 years on the line. You can if you have enough equity in your house get the bank to act as guarantee but I think from memory it has to have a branch in Singapore.

One always had to pay for the initial medical and hotel costs when coming for an interview but in those days SQ provided free hotel for I think 10 days and gave an interest free loan of S$6000 on joining. All the other expat allowances like Rental Allowance, School Fees , Good Profit Share have I gather all gone by the board now.

PS I should add that the bank in Singapore that does the bank guarantee charges about S$2000 for the paperwork although you do get some interest if you deposit the money with them over 5 years rather than using equity in your home property as guarantee.

Last edited by millerscourt; 26th Jan 2014 at 12:09.