PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2014, 09:51
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagso. What a coincidence. I somehow pressed the wrong key and managed to delete my draft comments, only to find that you had made the very point I was intending to make about the 'cake' not staying the same size. And I also referred to Gil Thompson who talked about the synergy of a route network whereby a wider range of destinations produced growth by attracting passengers who would not otherwise use Manchester and by creating greater transfer potential.

As to possible routes, Bremen is already served by FR 3 x weekly, but Bratislava might work even with Jet2 starting Vienna. Is Carcasonne still served from LPL?Incidentally, DUB is now showing 4 x daily by FR for dates in June, Aug. and Sep. I checked.

LAX LHR - some good routes there, and I would add Bangkok and either LAX or SFO, despite some concerns as to how it would impact on existing carriers to their hubs.

As to Berlin and Madrid, I think the latter could be ok with a legacy and an LCC. Berlin was apparently unsuccessful with LH, presumably because of Easyjet's presence on what is I imagine mainly a point-to-point operation.
EZY has a modest offering on Munich but LH will carry a reasonable proportion of transfer pax. As mainly O & D, Hamburg seems to work though, but LH's frequency has reduced from what it was at one time. I guess some cities can work with both legacy and LCC because of transfer potential but 189 seats on FR plus 150 plus on EZY would be overkill.

Wish Lists are always fun but I do believe some of those will happen over the next few years.

Last edited by MANFOD; 25th Jan 2014 at 10:39.